Singapore: Postdoctoral Fellowship Southeast Asian Studies at NUS
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS SOUTHEAST ASIAN STUDIES PROGRAMME FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore, invites applications for the above, to be based in the Southeast Asian Studies Programme.
Informasi beasiswa-scholarship s1 s2 s3 post-doktoral dalam dan luar negeri
The successful candidate will be someone who holds a PhD degree (or is awaiting conferment) and has broad interdisciplinary expertise and research interests in Southeast Asian Studies (including specializations in anthropology, cultural studies, economics, geography, history, political science and sociology). The Fellow will work with faculty members in the Department with ongoing research in these and/or related areas.
The terms and conditions for the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships (FASS-PDF) are as follows:
1. Contract tenable for one year and renewable, upon review, up to two years, to be awarded on a competitive basis to deserving candidates.
2. A stipend of S$4,000 per month.
3. An allowance of S$500 a month as contribution towards housing expenses for non-citizens and their spouses who do not own any property in Singapore and whose spouses are not in receipt of any form of housing benefits from their Singapore employers.
4. Provident fund benefits for Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
5. Travel Assistance, payable once only, as follows.
* $2,000 for the Postdoctoral Fellow
* $2,000 for spouse
* $1,000 for each child up to a max of 3 children (up to age 18 years and for those of schooling age, in receipt of full-time education)
The above travel assistance is a contribution towards expenses incurred by the appointee and his/her dependants in re-locating to Singapore. Such expenses refer to costs for travel, packing, transportation and insurance of personal and professional effects as well as settling-in expenses. The travel allowance is contingent upon the Postdoctoral Fellow's completion of his/her initial one-year
contract. In the event that the appointee does not fulfill the initial one-year contract, the appointee shall be liable to refund the University a proportionate amount of the travel assistance granted to him/her and his/her dependants on appointment.
6. Foreign PDFs who are granted Singapore Permanent Residence will continue to receive an allowance of S$500 a month as contribution towards housing expenses. The allowance will cease once they acquire Singapore citizenship.
7. .Medical benefits in accordance with the Medisave-cum-Subsidised Outpatient (MSO) Scheme.
8. Vacation leave of 28 days per calendar year.
9. Conference funding support of up to S$3,000 for each term of appointment, following normal approval procedures, to present research papers in local and overseas conferences.
10. Research funding from the Academic Research Fund (ARF) in the capacity of Co-principal Investigator or Collaborator, subject to NUS guidelines. In outstanding cases, for projects with clear deliverables ending before the expiry of the PDF contract and with strong support by the Head of Department, a Postdoctoral Fellow may apply for research support as Principal Investigator. Research grants are awarded on a competitive basis, depending on the merit of each case.
11. Research funding under the Faculty's Staff Research Support Scheme, if available.
12. One month's notice for termination or salary in lieu of notice.
In addition, the postdoctoral fellow will be expected to:
* Present at least one seminar a year;
* Give first right of refusal for at least one publication to a Department/Faculty-produced journal, where appropriate;
* Contribute to the activities of graduate students;
* Participate in a joint research project with NUS staff, where appropriate
PDFs may be required to participate in some part-time teaching of up to 3 hours per week without additional pay.
Interested scholars should submit the following by 31 December 2006:
* An application form (can also be downloaded from the website
* Curriculum vitae, with complete list of publications
* Academic certificates and transcripts
* 2 letters of reference
* A detailed research proposal of 4-6 pages (double spaced)
Southeast Asian Studies Programme
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Blk AS3 Level 6, #06-17
National University of Singapore
Tel (65) 6516 6338=20
Fax (65) 6777 6608
Ikuti info beasiswa Indonesia via email agar tidak ketinggalan, klik disini untuk bergabung.