John Lloyd Huck Postgraduate Scholarship 2006
John Lloyd Huck Postgraduate Scholarship 2006 Department of Management
The J. L. Huck Centre for Management Science Research.
The John Lloyd Huck Research Centre, in the Department of Management, University of Reading, is to make available a scholarship for postgraduate research to the value of £10,000 per year, for up to three years of full time study, and leading towards the degree of PhD.
The general subject area for research will be organisational culture.
Informasi beasiswa-scholarship s1 s2 s3 post-doktoral dalam dan luar negeri
1. Graduates who have an outstanding academic record including a First Class or good Upper Second Class first degree and a postgraduate Masters degree obtained at Merit or Distinction level.
Preference will be given to candidates whose first or Master's degree shows evidence of a quantitative element and has a dissertation.
2. The scholarship is open to both EU and overseas candidates.
3. Evidence of excellent spoken and written English (IELTS at 7).
4. Candidates must have been accepted for PhD study in the University of Reading Business School.
1. Candidates should submit a research proposal relevant to the general area of study.
2. As a condition of the grant, the successful candidate will be expected to provide general support for the work of the Huck centre amounting to 150 hours per year (without pay), under the supervision of the Director of the Centre.
3. The first call on the scholarship grant will be to pay academic fees. The remainder of the grant will be paid quarterly in instalments.
4. Progress will be assessed each year normally in May. Failure to demonstrate satisfactory progress in the form of an annual report on research progress and research presentation will lead to termination of the award and of degree registration.
1. The student will receive the award for three years full-time study subject to satisfactory academic progress.
2. The award holder will be allocated office space and a computer.
3. If the successful candidate has a relevant qualification they may be offered the opportunity of up to four hours tutoring per week (in term time) which will be paid at the standard tutorial rate.
Procedure for application:
Deadline for applications: September 4th 2006.
All applications must include a completed research proposal including full references. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to bring a copy of their Master's thesis with them to interview.
Candidates should ask for an admissions pack from Jill Turner, University of Reading Business School, Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences, University of Reading, Reading, RG6 6AA.