Singapore: Nanyang PhD Scholarship
What is AGS?
The AGS is a collaboration between A*STAR Graduate Academy (A*GA) and NTU. It offers a "4+2" scholarship - comprising a four-year PhD study tenable at NTU, and a two-year post-doctoral fellowship (PDF) in one of the top overseas universities or research laboratories in the scholar's chosen field. The PhD degree is awarded by NTU. Areas covered include Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering.
To provide a research intensive training programme at PhD-level in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering to support Singapore's knowledge-based economy.
Why Pursue a PhD?
- As Singapore is working towards a knowledge-based economy, there is an increase in the demand of PhD for industry;
- Excellent opportunity to be immersed in a vibrant research - intensive environment at the A*STAR Research Institutes and NTU;
- Upgrade yourself to PhD level and brace yourself to new challenges in the exciting research arena
Why Choose AGS?
- Access to a large pool of top scientists from A*STAR RIs and NTU as AGS supervisors;
- Great opportunity for trans-disciplinary research training including PhD training for medical doctors;
- 2 years of overseas post-doctoral training;
- Excellent opportunities for exposure to industry
Terms & Conditions
- Singaporeans, Singapore PRs, and nationals of ASEAN countries*;
- Graduates with 1st Class Honours; or Graduates with 2nd Upper Honours and Good 'A' Level results (or polytechnic diploma with merit);
- Open to graduates from NTU, NUS or top overseas universities;
- Candidates must not concurrently hold any other scholarships or fellowships;
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) tests with a minimum score of 1400 for verbal + quantitative and 4.5 for analytical writing.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit GRE scores with their applications. However, if they have not taken their GRE, they can still send in their application and indicate on the application form the date which they would be taking GRE. Applicants should preferably have taken their GRE before their selection interviews at A*STAR.
- Graduates who completed their undergraduate education with no prior work experience is required to undergo a one-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute, prior to their PhD studies.
* Successful candidates who are not Singapore Citizens are expected to take up Singapore Citizenship.
Award Details **
- Successful candidates will be given support for up to four years of academic pursuit, leading to a PhD.
- Successful candidate will receive:
monthly allowance; full tuition; and other allowances (including computer allowance, thesis allowance, book allowance, conference allowance; where applicable; full support for overseas attachment).
** All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.
Upon completion of the post doctoral fellowship, candidates will return to contribute to A*STAR's Research Institutes (RIs) for a service commitment period of up to 3 years.
Other Scholarships by A*STAR
A*STAR also offers a PhD Scholarship in collaboration with Imperial College London - the A*STAR-Imperial Partnership (AIP) PhD Programme. For enquiries on this scholarship, please contact Ms Serene Goh, email@example.com.
Source for more detail....