UK: PhD School of Psychology
PhD Studentships School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences
The School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences contains one of the premier Psychology Departments in the UK. In the research assessment exercise (RAE) it holds the very top rating of 5**, whilst in the latest teaching assessment (QAA) we also achieved the very top rating of 24pts.
We have a number of studentships available for PhD students wishing to commence research in Oct 2006. The studentships are funded by Research Councils, external organizations, the University of Reading and by the School of Psychology and Clinical Linguistics.
You may apply to work within any area of the Department's research strengths, but we especially welcome applications from candidates interested in working in the following cross- disciplinary areas:
- Biomedical & Pharmaceutical - Effects of nutrients and drugs on normal and disordered psychological processes
- Food Chain and Health - Diet and Ageing, Diet and Cognition, Food and Performance
- Ageing, Older People, Neurology & Rehabilitation
- Maternal & Child Health & Development
- Visual space, stereo vision, immersive virtual environments
We urge all prospective students to contact the School as soon as possible so that we can guide you through the application process. Any students interested in applying for these awards should direct enquiries to Dr Claire Williams