2006 annual award for Best Libri Student Paper
Deadline: May 31, 2006
Announces the 2006 annual award for Best Libri Student Paper
Since 1950, through 56 volumes, Libri: International Journal of Libraries and Information Services has been a leader among scholarly journals in the international library world. As part of its strategy to remain one of the premier library journals, Libri is issuing a call for "Best Student Paper of 2006." This competition supports Libri`s goal of publishing the best articles from the next generation of library and information science professionals. We are proud once again to recognize the very best article with this special award.
Students at all levels* are invited to submit articles with clarity and authority. There is no stated theme. Research papers should address one of the significant issues facing today`s librarians and information professionals. Case studies, best practices, and pure research papers are all welcome.
Length: approx. 5,000-7,000 words
Deadline: May 31, 2006
The best paper will be selected by an independent panel consisting of selected members of the Editorial Board, the Advisory Board and other international experts. Submissions will be judged on the basis of
- originality of thought and observation
- depth of research and scholarship
- topicality of problems addressed
- the international readership of the journal
The article will be published in the 2006:3 issue. The author of the winning article will be honoured with an award of 500.00 USD and with a complementary subscription to Libri for 2007. If the quality of competition warrants, some papers may be designated as honourable mention and the authors will receive complementary subscriptions to Libri for 2007. The normal provision to the author of 10 offprints and one complete issue applies to all winners.
Manuscripts should be sent to the LIBRI Editorial Office,
Statsbiblioteket, Universitetsparken, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
Electronic submissions are encouraged and may be submitted to email@example.com Author instructions and further indications of the scope of papers suitable for publication in Libri are available at the LIBRI site at
All submissions should include a cover sheet confirming:
- the name of the institution where the student is or was enrolled
- the dates when the student is or was enrolled
- the date when the paper was written and the course for which it was prepared if no longer a student
* Exception: Senior information scholars returning to school for additional degrees outside the field of library and information science are not eligible for this award.