Toyota Astra Foundation Scholarship
PT Toyota-Astra Motor and PT Astra International recognize that they ultimately owe their success to society. It is only natural to return parts of that debt by contributing to the public good. That was underlying idea when in 1974 the Toyota & Astra Foundation was established. The main objective of the non-profit organization is to support national efforts for the educational and intellectual development of the nation because it is very essential to prepare future generations. Through education, we believe we can participate to generate quality people. Our commitment is reflection of our philosophy that is “To participate and educate the nation” by way of providing educational assistance.
Our programs include:
- Scholarship – awards to intelligent students but no adequate funds
- Research grant – available for university lecturers to pursue master and doctorate degrees.
- University scientific events – provides fund for activities of university students such as seminars, symposia, congress and exhibitions.
- Translation and donation of books – provides fund for translation and publication of foreign books for technical schools.
- Teaching aid donation – provided to technical training institutes and technical high schools
- Apprenticeship program – university lecturers and students may work temporarily in the company’s production facilities.
- Automotive entrepreneurship training – basic training in automotive repair and maintenance for mechanic entrepreneurs.
- We believe the above programs will benefit the community and individuals who receive foundation assistance.