Beasiswa S2: Scholarship Program for Women
Scholarship Program for Women
Deadline: 1 December 2006
International Fellowships scholarship are awarded for full-time study or research to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate study at accredited institutions are supported.
Six of the awards are available to members of International Federation of University Women affiliate organizations. These fellowship recipients may study in any country other than their own.
2007-2008 Academic Year
Master's/Professional Scholarship $18,000
Doctorate Scholarship $20,000
Postdoctoral Scholarship $30,000
Applications available* Aug. 1-Dec. 1, 2006
Application deadline* December 1, 2006
Scholarship year July 1, 2007-June 30, 2008
* All supporting documents must also be postmarked by this date. If an application postmark deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, supporting documents may be postmarked the next business day.
The Foundation also awards several annual Home Country Project Grants ($5,000 to $7,000 each) to women who received AAUW Educational Foundation International Fellowships between 2001 and 2006. These grants support community-based projects designed to improve the lives of women and girls in the fellow's home country.
Please note: AAUW members are not eligible to apply for International Fellowships.
- You must be a citizen in a country other than the United States, or you must hold a nonimmigrant visa if you reside in the United States.
- You must complete an academic degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university by Sept. 1, 2006.
- You must intend to devote yourself full time to your proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- You must intend to return to your home country to pursue a professional career.
- You must be proficient in English. Unless you can verify that your native language is English or that you received your undergraduate degree from or will have completed one semester of full-time study in your discipline at a university in the United States by Sept. 1, 2006, you must submit a recent score (no older than October 2003) on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Transcripts must be submitted by Jan. 10, 2006, for verification. The minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper-based TOEFL and 213 for the computer-based test. Test scores must reach the Foundation no later than April 1, 2007.
- You must have applied by December 2006, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of that institution in the International Fellowship application. The institution you plan to attend must be located in the United States unless you are a member of an organization affiliated with IFUW.
- You must be a member of an organization affiliated with the International Association of University Women (IFUW) to be considered for one of six fellowships awarded for study in any country other than your own country.
Criteria for Selection
A panel of scholars appointed by the AAUW Educational Foundation Board of Directors reviews all applications. Final award selections are made by the Foundation board.
In selecting fellowship recipients, the following will be considered:
- Academic and professional qualifications
- The need of the applicant's country for the specialized knowledge and skills that she plans to acquire
- Applicant's commitment to the advancement of women and girls in her home country as demonstrated by her previous work and her proposed study or research
Documented evidence of prior community or civic service in the home country, particularly activities that contributed to the improvement of the lives of women and girls
- Quality and feasibility of the proposed plan of study or research and proposed time schedule
- Planned or confirmed place of work after returning to home country
- English proficiency
- Financial need
- Country of residence at the time of application (preference will be given to women who reside in their home country at the time of application)
To Apply Online Application Process: Click here
Ikuti info beasiswa Indonesia via email agar tidak ketinggalan, klik disini untuk bergabung.